This project will help to unlock a low carbon future for the region within the next 10 years, in clear and realistic stages.
- Exploring options for decarbonisation and clean hydrogen power that HyNet provides.
- Developing the infrastructure for capturing and storing CO₂ emissions – carbon capture and storage (CCS).
- Running demonstrations to blend hydrogen in to the gas network to power homes and businesses and in to industrial processes.
- Hydrogen infrastructure in place to supply clean power to industry, and blended hydrogen power to homes.
- Over 1 million tonnes of CO₂ being directly removed from regional industry every year.
- The supply of clean hydrogen extended to provide flexible power and fuelling network for transport.
- Further opportunities for lower cost and negative emissions hydrogen production.
- Over 25 million tonnes of carbon saved each year potentially.
We are currently working on:
Developing the carbon capture and storage infrastructure. Please view the video below to find out more.
Developing the hydrogen transport infrastructure. Please visit www.hynethydrogenpipeline.co.uk for more information.
Developing the hydrogen production plant. We have submitted a planning application to Cheshire West and Chester for a hydrogen production plant located at the Stanlow Manufacturing Complex. Please find out more information about our plans here.