This project will help to unlock a low carbon future for the region within the next 10 years, in clear and realistic stages.
- Exploring options for decarbonisation and clean hydrogen power that HyNet provides.
- Developing the infrastructure for capturing and storing CO₂ emissions – carbon capture and storage (CCS).
- Running demonstrations to blend hydrogen in to the gas network to power homes and businesses and in to industrial processes.
- Hydrogen infrastructure in place to supply clean power to industry, and blended hydrogen power to homes.
- Over 1 million tonnes of CO₂ being directly removed from regional industry every year.
- The supply of clean hydrogen extended to provide flexible power and fuelling network for transport.
- Further opportunities for lower cost and negative emissions hydrogen production.
- Over 25 million tonnes of carbon saved each year potentially.