HyNet can deliver jobs and growth for the regional and UK economy.
- £17 billion Gross Value Added for the North West. £31 billion for UK.
- 5000 North West jobs created to 2025 and many more beyond.
- Helps to protect energy intensive industry jobs across the North West.
- First UK CCUS infrastructure at low cost through the practical and economic re-use of the Liverpool Bay oil and gas fields site.
- Over 80% of the construction spend and over 60% of the design and engineering sourced in the North West.
- Positions the North West and the UK as leaders in hydrogen technologies and skills for export.
- Hydrogen infrastructure can attract new inward investment.